2013年9月2日星期一

Bale joined Real Madrid and want to win the 10th Champions League

"It has been difficult but I am here now and I am delighted. Tottenham was great for me but when a club like Real Madrid comes in it is hard to turn down and I think they will understand that," Bale said when he showed up in Bernabeu.


Bale flew to the Spanish capital on Monday morning after Madrid ended more than two months of speculation, gossip and negotiation on Sunday night by announcing they had agreed a deal – thought to be worth €100m (£85.3m) – with Spurs for the 24-year-old.

Levy had won a small victory, waiting until the penultimate day to give the all‑clear; he had won a big victory with the fee too. But Bale had what he wanted. Called to the stage, he gave a timid "hello" that was largely drowned out by the crowd cheering and chanting his name.
"I just want to say that it is amazing to be here," he continued. "It's a dream and I hope we can bring the 10th European Cup to the club." The decima is Madrid's obsession and it was the kind of line that would normally draw a huge roar but he had delivered it in English. "I'm going to try a few words in Spanish," he said, adding: "Es un sueño para mí jugar en el Real Madrid, gracias. Gracias por esta gran acogida. Hala Madrid!" (It is a dream for me to play at Real Madrid, thank you. Thank you for this great welcome. Up Madrid!)

没有评论:

发表评论